You are here: Home » Economy & Policy » News
Business Standard

Defence industries attract meagre $0.21 million FDI during Apr-Sept 2018

In 2014-15, 2015-16 and 2017-18, defence industries received $0.08 million, $0.10 million and $0.01 million foreign inflows, respectively

Topics
Foreign Direct Investment  |  Ficci  |  Cii

Press Trust of India  |  New Delhi 

Defence industries attract USD 0.21 mn FDI during Apr-Sept 2018

Defence industries have attracted a meagre $0.21 million (FDI) during April-September 2018, Parliament was informed on Monday.

In 2014-15, 2015-16 and 2017-18, defence industries received $0.08 million, $0.10 million and $0.01 million foreign inflows, respectively.

In 2016-17, the industries in the sector failed to attract FDI, according to the data provided by Minister of State for Commerce and Industry C R Chaudhary in his written reply to the Lok Sabha.

India imports 70 per cent of its military hardware from various countries.

Overall, in the country dipped 11 per cent to $22.66 billion during April-September this fiscal.
 

ALSO READ: Losing credibility

In 2017-18 also, the growth rate of recorded a five-year low of 3 per cent at $44.85 billion.

In a separate reply, the minister said funds provided to Invest India have increased to Rs 33,19,42,631 in 2018-19 as against Rs 1,18,78,380 in 2013-14.

Invest India, a non-profit company, acts as a national investment promotion and facilitation agency. The current shareholding pattern of Invest India is 51 per cent of industry associations (Ficci, and Assocham) and the remaining 49 per cent of central and state governments.

Dear Reader,


Business Standard has always strived hard to provide up-to-date information and commentary on developments that are of interest to you and have wider political and economic implications for the country and the world. Your encouragement and constant feedback on how to improve our offering have only made our resolve and commitment to these ideals stronger. Even during these difficult times arising out of Covid-19, we continue to remain committed to keeping you informed and updated with credible news, authoritative views and incisive commentary on topical issues of relevance.
We, however, have a request.

As we battle the economic impact of the pandemic, we need your support even more, so that we can continue to offer you more quality content. Our subscription model has seen an encouraging response from many of you, who have subscribed to our online content. More subscription to our online content can only help us achieve the goals of offering you even better and more relevant content. We believe in free, fair and credible journalism. Your support through more subscriptions can help us practise the journalism to which we are committed.

Support quality journalism and subscribe to Business Standard.

Digital Editor

First Published: Mon, February 11 2019. 15:30 IST
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
.