You are here: Home » PTI Stories » National » News
Business Standard

Family of four consumes poison in Agra, 2 dead

Press Trust of India  |  Agra 

A man and his daughter died while his two sons are battling for life after the family allegedly consumed poison at their residence in Uttar Pradesh's district, the police said today.

The man, Maan Singh, his daughter (11), and sons Abhay and Roopesh, residents of village Shyamo under station, consumed poison last night, they said.

The family's neighbours saw the four lying on ground with white foam oozing out of their mouths and rushed them to the hospital, where Singh and were declared brought dead, the police said.

Abhay and Roopesh are in a critical condition and undergoing treatment at a private nursing home, they said.

Singh's wife had died a fortnight ago after a long illness and the family was depressed over it, they said.

(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

First Published: Fri, August 10 2018. 23:00 IST
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU