You are here: Home » PTI Stories » National » News
Business Standard

Farmer consumes poison outside power company's office

Press Trust of India  |  Bhopal 

A 45-year-old farmer allegedly consumed poison here Saturday after the electricity supply to his farm was stopped due to non-payment of bills.

Avadhnarayan Bhadoriya, who consumed poison outside the state-run power company's office in Bairgarh area, was hospitalised and out of danger, police said.

Police sub-inspector Rajesh Tiwari said Bhadoriya, resident of Behata village in Bhopal district, had allegedly not paid electricity bills for several months and the arrears had reached Rs 70,000.

He went to the company's office Saturday afternoon, demanding that the power supply be restored.

When company officials said they could not do so until he paid the bills, Bhadoriya threatened to consume poison, the police officer said.

The officials informed police. But before the police could reach the spot, he had consumed some poisonous substance.

He was rushed to the Government-run Hamidia Hospital where he was stated to be out of danger, the inspector said.

(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

First Published: Sat, March 23 2019. 20:15 IST
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU