Business Standard

Fire at Raj hospital's neonatal ward, infant injured

Image

Press Trust of India Jaipur
An infant suffered burn injuries when a fire broke out in the neonatal care unit of the Alwar district hospital in Rajasthan on Tuesday, an official said.
The infant has been referred to a hospital in Jaipur.
"The fire broke out in a radiant warmer which was connected with oxygen. There were 15 infants in the ward when the incident occurred," Chief Medical and Health Officer OP Meena said.
He said the other infants have been shifted to another unit.
Radiant warmers are body warming devices and are used to maintain body temperature of babies.
Police said that the fire was doused in time.

Disclaimer: No Business Standard Journalist was involved in creation of this content

Don't miss the most important news and views of the day. Get them on our Telegram channel

First Published: Dec 31 2019 | 1:45 PM IST

Explore News