Three persons of a family died and five others fell ill after consuming some poisonous food item in Malwasa village of Banswara district, the police said today.
The family members had consumed the food item yesterday night and soon after complained of vomiting and loose motions.
Neighbours rushed them to hospital where Savita (35) died on the way and Lemji Bamania (60) and his daughter-in-law Savita (30) died while undergoing treatment at MG Hospital, District Medical and Health Officer (CMHO), Dr Hira Lal said.
He said the other five patients are recuperating and police are investigating the matter.
(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)