You are here: Home » PTI Stories » National » News
Business Standard

Patients shifted from hospital following fire scare

Press Trust of India  |  Krishnagar (WB) 

At least 12 heart patients of Gandhi at in district were today shifted after smoke was noticed in its AC control room, hospital authorities said.

Panic gripped the hospital when smoke from the AC control room near a ward in the first floor of the hospital filled a portion of it.

Some of the patients who can move fled, while workers shifted 12 others to a safe place.

"There was only smoke and no fire. There was no reason to fear. Two fire tenders controlled the situation quickly. We shifted 12 patients from the area," said.

He said some wires of the room got melted due to short circuit and smoke was billowing from inside the room.

(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

First Published: Fri, July 13 2018. 18:30 IST
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU