You are here: Home » PTI Stories » National » News
Business Standard

Two children dead as shanty catches fire in central Delhi; two injured

Press Trust of India  |  New Delhi 

Two children died and two others of the same family sustained severe injuries after their shanty near central Delhi's Gupta Road caught fire while they were sleeping, police said Thursday.

The incident took place on the intervening night of Wednesday and Thursday, they said.

The deceased were identified as Ganesh (10) and Swati (4), a senior Fire Service (DFS) said.

The injured, Suman (28), with 55 per cent burns, and Munna (5), with 70 per cent burns, are undergoing treatment at the Ram Manohar Lohia hospital, he said.

The victims were sleeping when the shanty caught fire, a said.

Police suspect that the fire started from an LPG cylinder and spread to the shanty.

A call about the blaze was received at 2.18 am and two fire tenders were rushed to the spot, the DFS said.

(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

First Published: Thu, November 08 2018. 16:05 IST
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU