You are here: Home » PTI Stories » National » News
Business Standard

Two persons innjured in fire in Kolkata leather complex

Press Trust of India  |  Kolkata 

Two persons were injured in a fire that broke out in a three-storey building housing tannery units in the complex, police said.

The fire broke out at the building in zone II of the sprawling complex on Basanti high way and was brought under control by six fire tenders which were pressed into service, the police said.

Out of the two labourers injured in the blaze, the condition of one, a 28-year-old resident of Ushpara village in South 24 district, was stated to be critical, the police said.

The other labourer is was out of danger, the police added.

The fire is totally under control. At present there are no flames and only smoke is visible. Four fire tenders are working to cool off the place and douse the pocket fires, a said.

The fire could have been caused due to a short circuit, he said adding forensic experts will conduct an examination of the building.

(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

First Published: Wed, October 10 2018. 20:30 IST
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU