- Coronavirus LIVE: India records 382,691 cases in a day; tally past 20.6 mn
- Biden considering naming LA Mayor Eric Garcetti as Ambassador to India
- Big tech firms commit to additional support for India's fight against Covid
- Covid-19 deaths in India may double in coming weeks, forecasters warn
- Value of Tata Sons equity in Tata Steel, Tata Motors zooms to Rs 84,000 cr
- India's e-scooter manufacturers hope to ride out Covid-19 pandemic
- Crisis will end depending on how the virus and we behave: K Srinath Reddy
FIH Pro Hockey League highlights: Sreejesh stars as India beats Belgium 2-1
Indian hockey team were quick to get off the blocks with debutant Raj Kumar Pal setting up a fantastic goal within 90 seconds of play
Check India vs Belgium hockey match live score and match updates on Sunday here
Young forward Dilpreet, making his comeback in the Indian squad after over a year, took a powerful shot on goal which found a perfect deflection from Mandeep Singh who was positioned in front of Belgian goalkeeper Vincent Vanasch.
With scores reading 1-1, it was a tense final quarter but India pushed back Belgium hockey team by scoring another goal. It was Ramandeep Singh, who after injecting the ball during a PC battery, picked up a rebound off Belgium's first rusher to score the goal.
Though Belgium created penalty corners in the dying minutes of the match, India held their nerves and experienced goalkeeper Sreejesh ensured India sealed the game and earned the winning points to stay at the second position in the FIH Hockey Pro League points table. Belgium are still on top with 11 points from 5 games.
This was India's 50th win against Belgium and the most memorable one as it has helped the team consolidate the position of world number four pushing defending Olympic Champions Argentina to five.
Krishan Pathak was adjudged Player of the Match for his brave performance. India will take on Belgium at the Kalinga Hockey Stadium on Sunday, February 9.