- 55% IndiGo flights delayed as crew call sick on AI recruitment day: Report
- Q1FY23 results: Margin pressure on IT services to remain, focus on outlook
- Fuel exports rise in FY23; refiners stay healthy despite addl excise
- After terrible first half, 2022 may bring more bad news for US markets
- Russia says it holds all of Ukraine's Luhansk with capture of last city
IND vs AUS 3rd ODI highlights: India wins by 13 runs; AUS clinch series 2-1
An in-form Hardik Pandya blasted 92 not out off 76 balls and Ravindra Jadeja's useful 66 off 50 took India to a healthy 302 for 5 in 50 overs after an inept show in the first 30 overs
Pace spearhead Jasprit Bumrah found his mojo and the Indian team its winning ways in a morale-lifting 13-run triumph over Australia in the third and final One Day International (ODI) on Wednesday, salvaging some of the lost pride in a 1-2 series defeat at Manuka Oval, Canberra. The IND vs AUS ODI series is the first for India in the ICC Cricket World Cup Super League. The top seven teams on the points table of this league will qualify directly for the 2023 World Cup to be played in India.
Check IND vs AUS 1st T20 LIVE SCORE AND MATCH UPDATES HERE
An in-form Hardik Pandya blasted 92 not out off 76 balls and Ravindra Jadeja's useful 66 off 50 took India to a healthy 302 for 5 in 50 overs after an inept show in the first 30 overs.
Check IND vs AUS T20Is full schedule and free live streaming details here
It was at least 30 runs short of a par-score on a good batting track but a rejigged bowling attack managed to restrict the home team to 289 all out in 49.3 overs.
Check IND vs AUS 1st T20I playing 11 prediction and head to head stats here
Shardul Thakur (3/51) and debutant Thangarasu Natarajan (2/70 in 10 overs) did their bit but it was Bumrah's (2/43 in 9.3 overs) controlled effort with some swing upfront and the dismissal of a marauding Glenn Maxwell in the nick of time which ultimately turned the match in India's favour.
Bumrah did the most important thing by bowling one in the block-hole that had the dangerous Maxwell (59 off 38 balls) having his own little "brain fade" moment trying to free his arms exposing the stumps.
The 'Big Show' was in a mood to punish the bowlers and all he needed was to see off Bumrah and attack the others as he was doing.
The cushion provided by his "senior" helped Natarajan to start bowling his yorkers under pressure and Thakur also chipped in with necessary wickets.
The inconsequential match became something of consequence for Virat Kohli and his men as they gear up for the next white-ball series -- three T20 Internationals in less than 48 hours.
India's bowling attack had a different look and it did perform way better compared to the first two games.
Natarajan was very steady in his first spell and got his maiden wicket when Marnus Labuschagne (7), in an unfamiliar role as opener, dragged a wide delivery back onto the stumps.
Thakur, replacing a rested Mohammed Shami, was also lucky when Steve Smith (7) tried to tickle one down on the 'fifth leg stump' to be caught by KL Rahul behind the stumps.
India vs Australia 3rd ODI full scorecard: Australian innings
|Marnus Labuschagne||b Natarajan||7||13||1||0|
|Aaron Finch||c Dhawan b Jadeja||75||82||7||3|
|Steve Smith||c Rahul b Shardul||7||15||0||0|
|Moises Henriques||c Dhawan b Shardul||22||31||3||0|
|Cameron Green||c Jadeja b Kuldeep||21||27||1||1|
|Alex Carey||runout (Kohli/Rahul)||38||42||4||0|
|Glenn Maxwell||b Bumrah||59||38||3||4|
|Ashton Agar||c Kuldeep b Natarajan||28||28||2||0|
|Sean Abbott||c Rahul b Shardul||4||9||0||0|
|Adam Zampa||lbw b Bumrah||4||7||0||0|
|Josh Hazlewood||not out||7||7||0||0|
Total: 289-10 in 49.3 Overs
IND vs AUS 3rd ODI full scorecard: Indian innings
|Shikhar Dhawan||c Agar b Abbott||16||27||2||0|
|Shubman Gill||lbw b Agar||33||39||3||1|
|Virat Kohli||c Carey b Hazlewood||63||78||5||0|
|Shreyas Iyer||c Labuschagne b Zampa||19||21||2||0|
|KL Rahul||lbw b Agar||5||11||0||0|
|Hardik Pandya||not out||92||76||7||1|
|Ravindra Jadeja||not out||66||50||5||3|
Total: 302-5 in 50 Overs
IND vs AUS 3rd ODI: Indian innings Key highlights
- 2nd Wicket: 50 runs in 43 balls (Shubman Gill 23, Virat Kohli 26, Ex 1)
- Over 15.4: Review by India (Batting), Umpire - P Wilson, Batsman - Shubman Gill (Struck down - Umpires Call)
- India: 100 runs in 19.4 overs (120 balls), Extras 5
- Over 25.3: Review by India (Batting), Umpire - P Wilson, Batsman - KL Rahul (Struck down)
- V Kohli: 50 off 64 balls (4 x 4)
- India: 150 runs in 31.3 overs (191 balls), Extras 6
- Over 31.6: Review by Australia (Bowling), Umpire - P Wilson, Batsman - Kohli (Upheld)
- Powerplay 3: Overs 40.1 - 50.0 (Mandatory)
- India: 200 runs in 41.2 overs (250 balls), Extras 6
- 6th Wicket: 50 runs in 56 balls (Pandya 35, Jadeja 16, Extra 0)
- Pandya: 50 off 55 balls (4 x 4)
- India: 250 runs in 46.4 overs (282 balls), Extras 7
- 6th Wicket: 100 runs in 88 balls (Pandya 68, Jadeja 33, Extra 1)
- Jadeja: 50 off 43 balls (4 x 4, 2 x 6)
- India: 300 runs in 49.5 overs (301 balls), Extras 8
- Innings Break: India - 302/5 in 50.0 overs (Pandya 92, Jadeja 66)
- 6th Wicket: 150 runs in 108 balls (Pandya 82, Jadeja 66, Ex 2)
India vs Australia 3rd ODI playing 11
Australia has made three changes in the its playing 11, bringing in Ashton Agar and Sean Abbott for Pat Cummins and Mitchell Starc while Cameron Green made his ODI debut.Finch informed at the toss that Marnus Labuschagne to open. Meanwhile, India has made four changes in its playing 11, bringing in Shubman Gill, Shardul Thakur, Kuldeep Yadav for Mayank Agarwal, Navdeep Saini and Yuzvendra Chahal while T Natarajan makes ODI debut.
India playing 11: Shikhar Dhawan, Shubman Gill, Virat Kohli(c), Shreyas Iyer, KL Rahul(w), Hardik Pandya, Ravindra Jadeja, Shardul Thakur, Kuldeep Yadav, Jasprit Bumrah, T Natarajan.
Australia playing 11: Aaron Finch(c), Marnus Labuschagne, Steven Smith, Glenn Maxwell, Moises Henriques, Alex Carey(w), Cameron Green, Ashton Agar, Sean Abbott, Adam Zampa, Josh Hazlewood
Check India vs Australia highlights here…