All the 12 kabaddi franchises have showed their faith on youngsters ahead of the eighth edition of Pro Kabaddi League (PKL 2021) as the likes of Pardeep Narwal, Ajay Thakur and Rahul Chaudhari were released by their previous teams.
A total of 59 players have been retained across all three categories with 22 in the Elite Retained Players (ERP) category, six in the Retained Young Players (RYP) category, and 31 in the New Young Players (NYP) category ahead of the start of PKL 2021, which is scheduled to take place in December.
ALSO READ: PKL 2021 auction: Full list of players released by 12 kabaddi franchises
The non-retained players, including all squad players from PKL seasons six and seven, will go under the hammer at the auctions in Mumbai from August 29 to 31.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Thu, August 26 2021. 14:43 IST