The Andaman and Nicobar Islands are one of the most remote spots on the planet. Internet and transport connectivity remains a challenge there. When Sabiha Mulla joined as a delivery service partner at e-commerce firm Amazon in Andaman in 2015, she realised that it was impossible to get anything delivered there. She conducted an initial study on the viability of online shopping in the Andaman Islands, which showed encouraging possibilities. With the support from Amazon, she decided to solve this major problem for the islanders who were only dependent on local shops with limited options and uncompetitive pricing.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
SUBSCRIBE TO INSIGHTS
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.