ALSO READPAN to lose its validity? Aadhaar may replace PAN for individuals in future India's no-fly list: Soon furnish PAN, Aadhaar to book domestic air tickets TN makes Aadhaar, PAN, mobile number mandatory for new vehicle registration From I-T returns to phone connections: Aadhaar gets more teeth FM plays down fears of I-T officers' powers
- If you are an already registered user on e-filing portal, login to e-filing portal of Income tax department by entering your PAN as User ID, date of birth and password.
- On logging in to the site, a pop up window will appear prompting you to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card.
- You can input your Aadhaar number enter ‘captcha’ code and click on ‘link now’.
- On logging, if no pop up window appear, go to profile Setting and click on ‘link Aadhaar’.
- Enter your Aadhaar number enter captcha code and click on ‘link Aadhaar’.
- The system will match your name, date of birth and gender with PAN card and Aadhaar database, if detail matches, you will get the message “Aadhaar – PAN linking is completed successfully.”