- Connect mobile phones with a 160-year-old company that initially specialised in banknote printing and the supply of security paper and machines for banknote processing. What do you arrive at? The SIM card. It was introduced in 1991 by Giesecke & Devrient, a family run company with a successful history of 160 years. The original company was founded in Leipzig on June 1, 1852 by Hermann Giesecke and Alphonse Devrient for banknote printing and supply of security paper. Today it calls itself a technology & security solutions company.
- In 1930, this 100-years-plus brand advertised near the mastheads of leading English dailies, like the Times of India, with the phrase 'Atom Bomb'. It was founded by a journalist, freedom fighter and social reformer. Name the brand and its founder. Amrutanjan pain balm that was founded in 1893 by K. Nageswara Rao Pantulu who was a journalist, social reformer and freedom fighter.
- Which airline broke the record for ordering the highest number of airplanes in one go in the history of commercial aviation? Indigo in 2011 ordered 180 brand new A320s in one go.
- This company has a patented and trademarked process called Reverse Atmospheric Infusion. It is a revolutionary brewing technology that changes the physics of extraction by controlling negative-pressure variables during the infusion process.
For what is this process used? Also name the company.The Reverse Atmospheric Infusion is used for brewing tea and is a patented process created by Bkon, a US-based company. It also makes exclusive tea brewing machines for Starbucks.
- Which company is running a programme for its consumers under the banner dal on call? Tata Chemicals, along with its group company Rallis India, launched dal on call with a promise to deliver unpolished healthy dal within 48 hours of receiving a call.
- What is common to Audi, Lipton Ice tea and Micromax? All these brands are endorsed by the world's 3rd highest paid actor- Hugh Jackman.
- Founded in the 1860s, quality has always been a hallmark for this food processing company. The term 'Quality Control' is said to have been invented at this company. It was the only major food maker to have supported the 1906 Pure Food and Drug Act in the US. Name it. H J Heinz.
- In October this year, this online entity sold 22,500 kg of onions in India at Rs 9/kg for seven days. Name it? Groupon, India.
- Who coined this base line and for which brand "Grace, space and pace"? Jaguar's founder Sir William Lyons coined the phrase "Grace, space and pace."
- Identify the company from its logo. It has a very futuristic baseline. Columbia-based Quality Software Services Inc. - known as QSSI is the company chosen by the Obama administration to oversee the repair of the new federal health insurance website. It is founded by NRIs and has a baseline "Next level Thinking."
There were 8 correct entries for quiz no. 329. Nirmala Govindarajan, from Bangalore wins Rs 2000. Winner was chosen by drawing lots.