After a strong start to the June quarter, Kansai Nerolac Paints is facing a double whammy in the form of weak demand and higher commodity costs. While the first three weeks of April saw robust demand in what is considered a seasonally strong period, the lockdown in multiple states has led to a collapse in demand. About 70-90 per cent of depots and distributors are shut while the rest are open for a limited period.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Mon, May 10 2021. 18:44 IST