The Enforcement Directorate has widened its probe linked to e-commerce major Amazon, seeking details about the sellers on its Indian platform and also its deal with Kishore Biyani-led Future Coupons, according to a source in the know. This follows a Reuters report citing internal documents at the Seattle-based firm on how it dodged the government while violating foreign direct investment (FDI) guidelines in giving preferential treatment to a group of sellers.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
Insightful news, sharp views, newsletters, e-paper, and more! Unlock incisive commentary only on Business Standard.
Download the Business Standard App for latest Business News and Market News .
First Published: Sat, February 20 2021. 06:10 IST
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU