Tata Steel has been in discussions with the UK government during the last two years for financial support to transition into a greener steel company, with some of the assets coming to their end of life in a couple of years. Managing director (MD) and chief executive officer (CEO) T V Narendran tells Ishita Ayan Dutt that the new government is engaging with the proposal and has promised to come back in the next few weeks. Edited excerpts:
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Fri, December 02 2022. 20:34 IST