Despite the impact of Covid-19 on the June quarter (Q1), the stock of Westlife Development, the India franchise of McDonald’s, has gained 3 per cent after its results were announced last Thursday, outperforming the Sensex’s one per cent fall. Good business recovery, along with additional stores becoming operational after the lockdown (since end-March), helped improve sentiment. However, analysts are advising caution.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Mon, August 03 2020. 15:38 IST