- Will urge FM to probe alleged avoidance of GST by Amazon, Flipkart: CAIT
- Live-stream of court proceedings: SC to hear plea for implementing verdict
- ED detects 7 FEMA violations in Amrapali case; Rs 55 cr laundered abroad
- India-China trade fell $3 bn last yr; Chinese exports went up 2.1%: Report
- As states refrain from buying onion, Centre fears stock may rot soon
- California eyes partnering India to create economic growth: US official
- Top headlines: WPI rises in Dec, Malaysia PM defends India criticism
- IndiGo pilot taken off roster after passenger tweets about jail threat
- SC rejects curative petitions of 2 death row convicts in Nirbhaya case
- Example of how literate need to be educated: Lekhi on Nadella's CAA remarks
CAA, NRC protests Highlights: Rahul hits out at PM over clothes remark
Prime Minister Narendra Modi tells Delhi rally Citizenship (Amendment) Act and National Register of Citizens (NRC) are not agains Muslims.
Congress interim president Sonia Gandhi, party leader Rahul Gandhi and other leaders during a 'satyagraha' demanding protection for the Constitution in the view of CAA and NRC, at Mahatma Gandhi's samadhi Rajghat.
Two Opposition parties are holding protests against the Citizenship (Amendment) Act on Monday, rejecting Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s defence of the controversial law a day before.
The Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK) and allies are holding a rally in Chennai, led by party chief M K Stalin, Congress leader P Chidambaram and Vaiko, leader of the Marumalarchi Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam. In New Delhi, Congress chief Sonia Gandhi will hold a ‘satyagrah’ at Rajghat to protest against the Modi and Home Minister Amit Shah.
“The law does not impact 1.3 billions Indians, and I must assure Muslim citizens of India that this law will not change anything for them,” said Modi in Delhi on Sunday about the Citizenship (Amendment) Act.