- Mumbai: FIR against Param Bir Singh, 26 others over corruption charges
- US determined to help people of India in moment of crisis: NSA Sullivan
- After 6.4 magnitude earthquake on Wed, six more hit Assam on Thursday
- Covid helps reinvent roles for Avanti Learning Centre, discover true path
- CoWIN portal sees huge rush on Day 1 of registration for those aged 18-45
- India, Rus to have '2+2' ministerial channel for foreign, defence ministers
- Two Naxals killed in encounter with police in Maharastra's Gadchiroli
- PM Narendra Modi assures all possible help to earthquake-hit Assam
- L-G Baijal now 'government' in Delhi as Centre notifies amended GNCT Act
- Assam earthquake: CM Sarbananda Sonowal urges citizens to stay alert
CAA, NRC protests Highlights: Rahul hits out at PM over clothes remark
Prime Minister Narendra Modi tells Delhi rally Citizenship (Amendment) Act and National Register of Citizens (NRC) are not agains Muslims.
Two Opposition parties are holding protests against the Citizenship (Amendment) Act on Monday, rejecting Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s defence of the controversial law a day before.
The Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK) and allies are holding a rally in Chennai, led by party chief M K Stalin, Congress leader P Chidambaram and Vaiko, leader of the Marumalarchi Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam. In New Delhi, Congress chief Sonia Gandhi will hold a ‘satyagrah’ at Rajghat to protest against the Modi and Home Minister Amit Shah.
“The law does not impact 1.3 billions Indians, and I must assure Muslim citizens of India that this law will not change anything for them,” said Modi in Delhi on Sunday about the Citizenship (Amendment) Act.