- Expansion of medical infra in Varanasi helped in fighting Covid : PM Modi
- Cheque bouncing up in April during second wave of Covid-19: HDFC Bank
- Need of 3rd booster dose based more upon conjecture than data: Experts
- Lancet Covid commission India task force says no to blanket lockdowns
- IPL 2021, RCB vs KKR Match-10 live score: RCB win toss, elect to bat first
- Brokerages downgrade India's GDP forecasts for FY22 amid Covid surge
- Coronavirus positivity rate doubled to 16.69% in just 12 days: Centre
- World Coronavirus Dispatch: Last million global deaths came in just 3 mnths
Coronavirus LIVE: Maharashtra reports 8,998 new Covid-19 in past 24 hours
Coronavirus live updates: Maharashtra, Kerala, Punjab, Tamil Nadu, Gujarat and Karnataka continue to report a surge in daily new cases. Stay tuned for corona-related news
Coronavirus live updates: With a daily increase of 17,407 in total cases, India’s tally of coronavirus cases has risen to 11,156,923. Death toll has reached 157,471, with 89 fatalities in a day. India's count of active cases has jumped to 175,044. The country continues to be second-most-affected globally, and ranks 13th among worst-hit nations by active cases. The five most affected states by total cases are Maharashtra (2,169,330), Kerala (1,064,279), Karnataka (952,037), Andhra Pradesh (890,080), and Tamil Nadu (852,478). Maharashtra is now contributing more than half of fresh coronavirus infections in India, fanning fears of a second wave in the state.
World coronavirus update: Coronavirus cases rise unabated across the globe with 115,749,030 infected by the deadly contagion. While 91,454,588 have recovered, 2,570,614 have died so far. The US remains the worst-hit country with 29,456,377, followed by India, Brazil, Russia and the United Kingdom. However, it terms of the total number of active cases, US tops the charts, followed by France, UK, Brazil and Belgium.