- Jet claims rights on livery, objects to SpiceJet using it on some planes
- Shinde claims support of 50 Sena MLAs, says will return to Mumbai shortly
- Editors' Guild calls for Zubair's release, invokes PM's commitment at G7
- Monsoon likely to arrive in Delhi on June 30-July 1, says IMD
- Tata Motors to increase prices of commercial vehicles by 1.5%-2.5%
- LIVE: Return to Mumbai and talk to me, says Uddhav to rebel Sena MLAs
Coronavirus LIVE: PM to interact with CMs on Covid situation on Wednesday
Coronavirus LIVE updates: Active cases in India have risen to 226,627. Stay tuned for corona-related news
Coronavirus live updates: India reported 26,291 fresh Covid-19 cases on Monday pushing the overall tally to 11,404,279, according to Worldometer. Active cases in the country have risen to 226,627. The death toll from the deadly infection jumped to 158,836. India ranks 11th among worst-hit nations by active cases. The five most affected states by total cases are Maharashtra (2,314,413), Kerala (1,091,270)), Karnataka (960,272), Andhra Pradesh (891,861), and Tamil Nadu (859,726).
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will interact with chief ministers on the Covid-19 situation and the ongoing vaccination drive on Wednesday as the Centre looks to ramp up the inoculation exercise amid a rise in infection in some states.
World coronavirus update: Coronavirus cases rise unabated across the globe with 120,539,415 infected by the deadly contagion. While 97,069,725 have recovered, 2,667,169 have died so far. The US remains the worst-hit country with 30,083,791, followed by Brazil, India, Russia and the United Kingdom. However, it terms of the total number of active cases, US tops the charts, followed by France, Brazil, Belgium and UK.