India on Tuesday reported a net reduction of 163,232 in active coronavirus cases to take its count to 3,353,765. India’s share of global active coronavirus cases now stands at 20.18 per cent (one in 5). The country is second among the most affected countries by active cases. On Tuesday, it added 263,533 cases to take its total caseload to 25,228,996. And, with 4,329 new fatalities, its Covid-19 death toll reached 278,719, or 1.10 per cent of total confirmed infections. With 1,510,418 more Covid-19 vaccine doses being administered on Saturday, India’s total count of vaccine shots so far reached 184,453,149. The count of recovered coronavirus cases across India, meanwhile, reached 21,596,512 – or 85.60 per cent of total caseload – with 422,436 new cured cases being reported on Tuesday.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.