Arunachal’s students: Students in Arunachal Pradesh are facing connectivity and Covid as twin obstacles. A group of music students, in particular, had to fight really hard to be able to attend their practice sessions. As these sessions can only be conducted in groups, meeting and gathering frequently became difficult. Their lessons are all online and network issues in rural Arunachal soon stonewalled any progress. To add to their woes, electric supply has also been erratic in the last few months. After the nationwide lockdowns were imposed, they had to migrate back to their states from across the country. The initial relief of returning home amidst a pandemic was soon replaced by frustration. Some students in the more remote regions of the state even shifted to urban areas with the hope of finding a stable internet connection. Read more here
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Thu, October 15 2020. 14:54 IST