- People can critique PM at home, but he deserves respect abroad: Tharoor
- PM Modi meets Kashmiri Pandits in Houston, assures them of New Kashmir
- Trump may deliver 30-minute speech: What to expect from 'Howdy, Modi'
- Rajasthan govt transfers 70 IAS officers, including 10 district collectors
- Petrol price jumps Rs 1.59 a litre, diesel by Rs 1.31 after Saudi attacks
- In biggest recruitment drive, Railways hires over 10,500 personnel in RPF
- 'Howdy Houston', says PM Modi as he arrives in energy capital
- Google honours mountaineer Junko Tabei with doodle on her 80th birthday
- Babri Masjid case: CBI court issues summons to former UP CM Kalyan Singh
- Assembly elections in Maharashtra, Haryana to be held on Oct 21: EC
Highlights: RS passes Jammu and Kashmir Reorganisation Bill, ex-CMs held
Jammu and Kashmir issue: Amit Shah moved proposal to scrap Article 370 in Jammu and Kashmir in the Rajya Sabha. Catch LIVE updates on Kashmir issue
Union Home Minister Amit Shah speaks in the Rajya Sabha during the Budget Session of Parliament, in New Delhi, Monday, Aug 5, 2019. Photo: PTI
Kashmir LIVE updates: The government on Monday revoked the special status of Jammu and Kashmir, saying the far-reaching political move would fix a historical blunder in the restive state.
Home Minister Amit Shah told the Rajya Sabha the government would scrap Article 370, a constitutional provision that grants a measure of autonomy to Jammu and Kashmir including the right to make its own laws.
Singh moved a bill proposing the bifurcation of Jammu and Kashmir into two union territories -- Jammu and Kashmir division and Ladakh. Jammu and Kashmir will have a legislature like Delhi and Puducherry. Ladakh won’t have a representative assembly, like in Chandigarh.
Here are highlights on what’s happened on Tuesday.