- 10th round of talks bewteen govt-farmer unions postponed to January 20
- Vaccines manufactured in India will help humanity against Covid-19: Modi
- Ahead of talks, Tomar appeals to farmer unions to call off tractor rally
- Maharashtra cabinet will discuss Arnab Goswami's purported chats: Deshmukh
- Tandav row: FIR filed against director, Amazon's India head of content
- Sisodia rules out scrapping of nursery admission this year amid Covid
- Farmers' protest: SC asks Delhi Police to take call on R-Day tractor rally
- Expansion of Bihar cabinet not tomorrow, but likely soon, says Nitish Kumar
- Preparations underway for Amit Shah's public rally in West Bengal on Jan 30
- Stalemate continues as unions not discussing problematic clauses: Tomar
Highlights: RS passes Jammu and Kashmir Reorganisation Bill, ex-CMs held
Jammu and Kashmir issue: Amit Shah moved proposal to scrap Article 370 in Jammu and Kashmir in the Rajya Sabha. Catch LIVE updates on Kashmir issue
Kashmir LIVE updates: The government on Monday revoked the special status of Jammu and Kashmir, saying the far-reaching political move would fix a historical blunder in the restive state.
Home Minister Amit Shah told the Rajya Sabha the government would scrap Article 370, a constitutional provision that grants a measure of autonomy to Jammu and Kashmir including the right to make its own laws.
Singh moved a bill proposing the bifurcation of Jammu and Kashmir into two union territories -- Jammu and Kashmir division and Ladakh. Jammu and Kashmir will have a legislature like Delhi and Puducherry. Ladakh won’t have a representative assembly, like in Chandigarh.
Here are highlights on what’s happened on Tuesday.