- Army denies Pak's claim of killing 5 Indian soldiers, calls it 'fictitious'
- Chief of Defence: Modi announces new military post, but questions remain
- Shah Faesal taken to makeshift detention center in Srinagar's Centaur Hotel
- Supreme Court scheduled to hear petitions against Article 370 on Friday
- World leaders wish PM Modi on I-Day, say India is 'close friend'
- Modi reviews state of economy with Sitharaman, Finance Ministry officials
- DoT monitoring mobile signal spillage in border areas with IB's help
- Visit 15 local destinations before 2022 to boost domestic tourism: PM Modi
- India to have Chief Of Defence Staff, 19 years after it was first proposed
- Yogi's office to get bulletproof windows, laser system to detect intrusion
Highlights: RS passes Jammu and Kashmir Reorganisation Bill, ex-CMs held
Jammu and Kashmir issue: Amit Shah moved proposal to scrap Article 370 in Jammu and Kashmir in the Rajya Sabha. Catch LIVE updates on Kashmir issue
Union Home Minister Amit Shah speaks in the Rajya Sabha during the Budget Session of Parliament, in New Delhi, Monday, Aug 5, 2019. Photo: PTI
Kashmir LIVE updates: The government on Monday revoked the special status of Jammu and Kashmir, saying the far-reaching political move would fix a historical blunder in the restive state.
Home Minister Amit Shah told the Rajya Sabha the government would scrap Article 370, a constitutional provision that grants a measure of autonomy to Jammu and Kashmir including the right to make its own laws.
Singh moved a bill proposing the bifurcation of Jammu and Kashmir into two union territories -- Jammu and Kashmir division and Ladakh. Jammu and Kashmir will have a legislature like Delhi and Puducherry. Ladakh won’t have a representative assembly, like in Chandigarh.
Here are highlights on what’s happened on Tuesday.