- Top headlines: Tata firms beat peers; India awaits first sport unicorn
- ISKCON members hold candlelight vigil to protest attack on devotees
- Centre acting against workers' interests; should not remain in power: Pawar
- Previous governments in UP encouraged rioters: CM Yogi Adityanath
- Bahraich, Shravasti seeing fast pace of development: UP CM Yogi Adityanath
- Assam CM issues directions for smooth disbursal of pension in the state
- Rains: Death toll in Kerala rises to 22, Centre offers assistance
- Lakhimpur Kheri violence: SKM calls for nationwide 'rail roko' on Oct 18
- J&K: Two non-locals killed in targeted attack in Kulgam
- Prices of onion, tomato and potato cheaper than last year, says govt
Latest LIVE updates: CWG gold medallist shooter Shreyasi Singh joins BJP
Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath has already suspended the Hathras Superintendent of Police, DSP and some other police officers. Stay tuned for Latest LIVE news
Congress leader Rahul Gandhi will start his "Kheti Bachao Yatra" campaign in Punjab on Sunday to protest against recently-enacted agriculture sector reform laws. A series of mass programmes have been planned which will begin from Punjab and will reach Delhi later. Initially, a three-day programme through rallies and roadshows using tractors has been planned.
In another news, the Left and Congress will be organising state-wide protests on October 6 against the alleged gang rape of a Dalit woman in Uttar Pradesh's Hathras, besides incidents of rape and murder in West Bengal. A mega rally will be organised in Kolkata, while similar programmes will also be held in the other districts, according to a statement issued by Left Front Chairman Biman Bose and Leader of Opposition Abdul Mannan of the Congress.
BJP's Bihar election in-charge Devendra Fadnavis and other party leaders including State Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Modi and Union Minister Nityanand Rai on Saturday held a meeting with Janata Dal (United) leaders today.
Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath on Saturday announced that he is recommending a CBI probe into the Hathras case, amid a growing political storm over the death of the 19-year-old Dalit victim who was assaulted and allegedly gang-raped. He also said that his government was "determined to ensure the harshest punishment" for those guilty in the entire incident.
Stay tuned for the latest news of the day.