- Education Ministry receives President nod for inquiry against DU VC: Report
- 2+2 talks: India, US vow to deepen cooperation in jointly combating Covid
- West Bengal records highest single-day recovery of 3,917 Covid patients
- Delhi record highest single-day spike of 8,583 cases, tally over 364,000
- 230 additional MBBS seats in four Rajasthan medical colleges approved
- Amended land laws smack of BJP's cheap politics, deceit, says Omar Abdullah
- Sharad Pawar to meet Nashik onion cultivators over suspended auctions
- No pay to doctors shameful, Centre must grant funds to MCDs: Kejriwal
- India Post, US Postal Service sign pact for electronic exchange of customs
- Corruption hurts social balance, fighting it is a shared responsibility: PM
Latest LIVE updates: CWG gold medallist shooter Shreyasi Singh joins BJP
Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath has already suspended the Hathras Superintendent of Police, DSP and some other police officers. Stay tuned for Latest LIVE news
Congress leader Rahul Gandhi will start his "Kheti Bachao Yatra" campaign in Punjab on Sunday to protest against recently-enacted agriculture sector reform laws. A series of mass programmes have been planned which will begin from Punjab and will reach Delhi later. Initially, a three-day programme through rallies and roadshows using tractors has been planned.
In another news, the Left and Congress will be organising state-wide protests on October 6 against the alleged gang rape of a Dalit woman in Uttar Pradesh's Hathras, besides incidents of rape and murder in West Bengal. A mega rally will be organised in Kolkata, while similar programmes will also be held in the other districts, according to a statement issued by Left Front Chairman Biman Bose and Leader of Opposition Abdul Mannan of the Congress.
BJP's Bihar election in-charge Devendra Fadnavis and other party leaders including State Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Modi and Union Minister Nityanand Rai on Saturday held a meeting with Janata Dal (United) leaders today.
Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath on Saturday announced that he is recommending a CBI probe into the Hathras case, amid a growing political storm over the death of the 19-year-old Dalit victim who was assaulted and allegedly gang-raped. He also said that his government was "determined to ensure the harshest punishment" for those guilty in the entire incident.
Stay tuned for the latest news of the day.