- Maharashtra: NCP veteran and Pawar loyalist Dilip Patil gets Home Ministry
- AAP alleges property-tax collection scam by NDMC worth Rs 1,400 crore
- VVIP chopper scam: Bail granted to businessman in money laundering case
- Maharashtra govt to respond after studying HC order on Deshmukh: Raut
- India's Panacea Biotec to produce 100 mn Sputnik V doses annually: RDIF
- PM to interact with CMs on Thursday over Covid situation, vaccination drive
- Top headlines: Maharashtra Home Minister resigns; Byju's acquires Aakash
- Arch of world's highest railway bridge on Chenab river in J-K completed
- 3 dead, 7 injured as factory roof collapses in Punjab; rescue underway
- After Delhi, BKU leader Tikait threatens tractor agitation in Gujarat
LIVE: CBI to probe corruption allegations against Deshmukh from tomorrow
Latest News LIVE: Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov is set to begin his two-day bilateral visit to India from Monday. Follow LIVE UPDATES Here
Latest News LIVE updates: Maharashtra's Home Minister Anil Deshmukh on Monday resigned from his post just hours after the Bombay high court ordered a CBI probe into allegations of corruption and misconduct made by former Mumbai police chief Param Bir Singh.
Dilip Walse Patil of NCP is likely to be the next Maharashtra Home Minister, according to multiple media reports.
In other news, Union Home Minister Amit Shah on Monday said that the government is determined to take the ongoing fight against the unrest created by naxals to its logical conclusion. The minister, who is on a visit to Chhattisgarh, made the comment after paying tributes to the 22 security personnel who were killed by naxals in the state on Saturday.