- Major tragedy averted as security forces destroy IED in J&K's Pulwama
- France ready to provide support to India in fight against Covid-19: Macron
- Covid-19: India gas maker shares jump amid shortage of life-saving oxygen
- Top headlines: Govt likely to ease tax compliance deadline; Nifty turns 25
- UAE bans travel from India from Sunday as Covid cases rise: reports
- Indian Navy races to rescue oxygen-stressed Indonesian submarine crew
- India's per capita carbon footprint is 60% lower than global average: PM
- Australia to reduce flights from India, among other countries
- On Earth Day, artists from the world to read anthem penned by an Indian
- Maulana Wahiduddin will be remembered for his knowledge on spirituality: PM
Vizag gas leak highlights: 11 dead, criminal case against plant management
Vizag gas leak: More than 1,000 people in five surrounding villages in a three-km radius have been reported sick. Catch LIVE updates
Vizag Gas Leak update: At least 11 people, including a minor, are reported to have died following a leakage of styrene gas at LG Polymers' Vizag plant in the early hours of Thursday. According to reports another 1,000 people reported sick after the gas spread in five villages within a three-km radius of the plant. Close to 200 people were rushed to hospitals for treatment after complaining of breathing difficulties and burning sensation in their eyes, according to early reports .
Meanwhile, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said he was "closely monitoring" the situation in Visakhapatnam and had spoken to officials in the Home Ministry and the National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA). PM Modi also held a meeting of the NDMA to take stock of the situation.
Stay tuned for LIVE updates on Vizag gas leak