- Universities to go ahead with UGC guidelines for new academic year
- Petition filed in Kerala HC against mandatory download of Aarogya Setu
- Boiler explosion in NLC India's thermal power plant injures eight workers
- Air India flight from UAE carrying 177 Indian nationals takes off
- Number of confirmed cases in India close to 53,000, death toll hits 1,783
- 7 workers fall ill after gas leak at paper plant in Chhattisgarh's Raipur
- UP govt plans daily evacuation of 45,000 stranded labourers amid lockdown
- Explained in pictures: All you need to know about Vizag gas disaster
- Offer easier laws, stable policy regime to woo firms from China: experts
- Can Ganga water treat Covid-19? ICMR says no to study, need more data
Vizag gas leak highlights: 11 dead, criminal case against plant management
Vizag gas leak: More than 1,000 people in five surrounding villages in a three-km radius have been reported sick. Catch LIVE updates
Andhra Pradesh CM meets Vizag gas leak injured. (Source: CMO AP)
Vizag Gas Leak update: At least 11 people, including a minor, are reported to have died following a leakage of styrene gas at LG Polymers' Vizag plant in the early hours of Thursday. According to reports another 1,000 people reported sick after the gas spread in five villages within a three-km radius of the plant. Close to 200 people were rushed to hospitals for treatment after complaining of breathing difficulties and burning sensation in their eyes, according to early reports .
Meanwhile, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said he was "closely monitoring" the situation in Visakhapatnam and had spoken to officials in the Home Ministry and the National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA). PM Modi also held a meeting of the NDMA to take stock of the situation.
Stay tuned for LIVE updates on Vizag gas leak