In May this year, in a surprise of sorts, the secretary of the department of personnel and training (DoPT), Pradip Kumar Tripathi, was suddenly transferred to the cabinet secretariat as Secretary, Coordination. He was replaced by S Radha Chauhan, additional chief secretary, in charge of the crucial finance and tax department in the Uttar Pradesh government. She left just weeks before the Yogi Aditayanth led government in the state presented its first budget in the second term.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
SUBSCRIBE TO INSIGHTS
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.