I would like to thank Ivanka Trump, co-host of this summit. She represents energy & spirit of an entrepreneur that characterizes the youth of today. I am sure her presence will inspire women entrepreneurs from India & across the world: EAM Sushma Swaraj in Hyderabad pic.twitter.com/RorPk1NQ3U — ANI (@ANI) November 28, 2017 I am 'chinamma' of Telangana, that's why I can say that it is a perfect mix of traditionalism and modernisation, Swaraj added. "I have no doubt that under the leadership of PM Modi and President Trump India and US relations will reach new heights & contribute to global peace & prosperity," says Minister of External Affairs Sushma Swaraj. "Let me conclude by wishing you a fruitful and engaging summit," said Modi. "We aim in creating a new India by 2022," says Modi, asking businessmen to invest in India and becoming a partner in India's growth story. My govt has launched the Atal Innovation Mission. We are opening Tinkering Labs in more than 900 schools to promote a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship among children: PM Modi
About 1,500 delegates from 150 countries and territories are taking part in the three-day summit.
Highlights of Modi's speech
- To my entrepreneur friends across the world, I invite them to invest in India and help in creating a new India by 2022.
- A historic overhaul of the taxation system has been recently undertaken by bringing in the goods and services tax (GST) across the country.
- The summit not only connects Silicon Valley to Hyderabad but also strengthens the ties between US and India.
- Unhappy with the 100th credit rank in Ease of Doing Business. Want to grab the 50th rank.
- We have made Aadhaar, world's largest digital database.
- Through changes in Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, we have prevented willful defaulters from bidding on stressed assets.
- In less than a year, BHIM App is processing almost 280 thousand transactions daily.
- Saubhagya scheme will provide electricity connections to all families by December 2018.
- Women are an incarnation of Shakti (Goddess of power) and their empowerment vital to our development.
- More than 60 per cent of workers in our agriculture and allied sectors are women.
- Indian women continue to lead in different walks of life. Our space programmes, including the Mars Orbiter Mission, have had an immense contribution from women scientists. Kalpana Chawla and Sunita Williams, both of Indian origin, have been part of US space missions.
- Three out of four oldest High Courts in India are now headed by women judges.
- Our sportswomen have done the country proud. This very city of Hyderabad is home to Saina Nehwal, PV Sindhu and Sania Mirza, who have brought laurels to India.
- We are opening Tinkering Labs in more than 900 schools to promote a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship among children.
- Yoga is another ancient Indian innovation. The entire world now comes together to celebrate Yoga Day on 21st June every year.
- Ancient Indian treatise, Charaka Samhita, introduced the world to Ayurveda.
- Our many ports and harbours and world's oldest dockyard in Lothal bear evidence of ancient trade linkages.
- The progress of humanity is incomplete without the empowerment of women.
- People of India aspire us in US and India has a friend in White House.
- Indian economy can grow by over $150 billion in the next three years if it was able to close the labour force gender gap by half.
- What you (Narendra Modi) are achieving is truly extraordinary... from your selling tea in your childhood to being elected as India's Prime Minister.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi who is striving to build India as a thriving economy is a beacon of democracy and a symbol of hope to the world.
- Through your own enterprise, entrepreneurship and hard work, the people of India have lifted more than 130 million citizens out of poverty — a remarkable improvement and one I know will continue to grow under the leadership of Prime Minister.
Ivanka, who is also a fashion designer and a businesswoman, was invited by Modi during his visit to the White House in June to speak at the Summit.