The Reserve Bank of India constituted its first Monetary Policy Committee in 2016, the three original external members oh which will be replaced by new members soon, changing its composition. The economy, as well as the affairs between the RBI and the government, went through a tumult in the four years to 2020, the MPC's first inning. Business Standard takes a look at MPC's performance and its consonance with major macroeconomic indicators.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Mon, September 28 2020. 20:13 IST