- Adani Enterprises slips for seventh day, falls 5%; stock tanks 9% in 1 week
- India's largest fintech M&A deal falls through: PayU calls off BillDesk buy
- China property stocks, bonds rally post report of $85 bn support from banks
- Nifty Pharma outshines benchmarks, up 2%; Cipla, Sun Pharma hit 52-wk highs
- Zee offers to shut down major entertainment channel for merger with Sony
- Liz Truss drops tax cut for highest UK earners to fend off revolt
- 2.5 million apply for power subsidy in Delhi; more expected in coming days
- RIL, ONGC, OIL: Will gas price hike fire up a bull phase in related stocks?
Exit Polls 2020 LIVE updates: Setback for Nitish, Tejashwi-era in Bihar?
Bihar Election Result 2020 LIVE updates: Stay tuned for Bihar election exit polls and result 2020
Bihar election exit poll 2020: As the voting process for India's first state polls amid coronavirus pandemic comes to an end, exit pollspredict slight edge to RJD-led alliance. The third-phase polling took place in 78 assembly segments of Bihar in which 23.5 million voters were eligible to decide the fate of 1,204 candidates. Voting for the first phase was held on October 28 and for the second phase on November 3. Results will be out on November 10.
In 2015, under the combined leadership of Nitish Kumar and Lalu Prasad, the Mahagathbandhan had stopped the Bharatiya Janata Party's (BJP's) juggernaut. The experiment, however, could not last long. In 2017, Nitish switched sides to form a government with the BJP. This election brings a set of different strengths and opportunities for each of the parties in the fray. This year's contest in Bihar seems to be a direct one between the National Democratic Alliance (NDA) and Mahagathbandhan, with the BJP and the RJD being the main contenders. From the 'grand alliance', RJD is contesting in 144 seats, Congress in 70, and CPI(ML) in 19. From the NDA, the JD(U) is contesting in 115 seats and BJP in 110.
Bihar election exit poll in 2015
In 2015, barring Axis APM, all the pollsters had failed to predict the outcome of Bihar Assembly elections. Today's Chanakya has forecast a two-thirds majority for the BJP-led NDA with 144-166 seats. NDTV, too, had predicted a BJP-led government in Bihar, the ABP-Nielsen exit poll had foreseen a Grand Alliance victory but failed to anticipate the extent of the success and the BJP’s reduced tally. The India Today-Cicero exit poll and two others had predicted a photo finish.
Stay tuned for latest updates on Bihar election 2020 exit poll and result