West Bengal Assembly election will be held in eight phases from March 27, the Election Commission of India (ECI) announced on Friday. West Bengal election result will be declared on May 2. The ruling Trinamool Congress led by Mamata Banerjee has pitched this election as a contest between the people of Bengal and ‘outsiders’. Meanwhile, political pundits expect Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)’s meteoric rise in the state. However, it is yet to be seen what role the Left-Congress-Indian Secular Forum play in terms of bagging a share of the votes.
West Bengal election 2021: Full schedule
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
SUBSCRIBE TO INSIGHTS
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!