- Loan tenures can go up to 30 years. Give thought to the tenure of home loan you opt for
- On a home loan of Rs 50 lakh taken at an interest rate of 8.5 per cent for 20 years, your EMI will be Rs 43,391.
- Your total interest cost over the tenure of the loan will be Rs 54,13,879.
- If you extend the loan tenure to 30 years, your EMI will become a more affordable Rs 38,446.
- However, your interest cost over the loan tenure will rise to Rs 88,40,443.
- In other words, your interest cost will increase by Rs 34,26,564
- Besides comparing interest rates offered by different players, also compare the processing fee, as this will make a difference to the total cost of your loan
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Fri, December 13 2019. 02:34 IST