Singapore on Wednesday announced new measures to boost local food production, including a plan to turn car park rooftops in public housing estates into urban farms, as the coronavirus pandemic disrupts global supply chains. As part of that project, the Singapore food agency will launch a tender for rooftop farms on public housing car parks for urban farming starting next month, authorities said.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Wed, April 08 2020. 13:28 IST