A few days ago, nine foreigners dressed in all-black and arrived at Kolkata’s Mullick Ghat flower market with a plan to “contaminate” it. The contaminant of choice was poetry, and they emptied it from their lips into the ears of locals by means of a hollow tube. These Frenchwomen and men are part of Les Souffleurs Commandos Poetiques, literally “The Whisperers, Poetic Commandos”, and such intervention-by-verse is their unique attempt to make people stop and smell the roses.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
SUBSCRIBE TO INSIGHTS
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!