You are here: Home » Markets » News
Business Standard

Excel Industries surges as board approves share buyback proposal

The stock surged 16% to Rs 233 after the company said it will buyback equity shares at a maximum price of Rs 275 per share from the open market purchase.

Topics
Excel Industries

SI Reporter  |  Mumbai 

Excel Industries surges as board approves share buyback proposal

has surged 16% to Rs 233 on the BSE after the company announced that its board approved buyback of equity shares of the company at a price not exceeding Rs 275 per share from the open market purchase.

“The board of directors of the company has approved the buyback of its fully paid-up equity shares of face value of Rs 5 each at price not exceeding Rs 275 per equity shares for a maximum amount of Rs 18 crore,” said in a statement.

The company shall buyback maximum 1.15 million equity shares from the existing shareholders other than the promoters, from the open market purchases through BSE and National Stock Exchange (NSE), it added.

In past four trading sessions, the stock of specialty chemicals manufacturer has rallied 36% from Rs 171 on March 21, after the company announced that the board will consider the proposal for buyback of equity shares of the company.

As of December 31, 2015, the promoters held 51.02% stake, while the remaining 48.98% stake with the public shareholders.

At 11:06 AM, the stock was up 15% to Rs 231 on the BSE as compared to 0.34% decline in the S&P BSE Sensex. The trading volumes on the counter more than doubled with a combined 413,899 shares changed hands on the BSE and NSE so far.


Dear Reader,


Business Standard has always strived hard to provide up-to-date information and commentary on developments that are of interest to you and have wider political and economic implications for the country and the world. Your encouragement and constant feedback on how to improve our offering have only made our resolve and commitment to these ideals stronger. Even during these difficult times arising out of Covid-19, we continue to remain committed to keeping you informed and updated with credible news, authoritative views and incisive commentary on topical issues of relevance.
We, however, have a request.

As we battle the economic impact of the pandemic, we need your support even more, so that we can continue to offer you more quality content. Our subscription model has seen an encouraging response from many of you, who have subscribed to our online content. More subscription to our online content can only help us achieve the goals of offering you even better and more relevant content. We believe in free, fair and credible journalism. Your support through more subscriptions can help us practise the journalism to which we are committed.

Support quality journalism and subscribe to Business Standard.

Digital Editor

First Published: Tue, March 29 2016. 11:08 IST
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
.