Nifty started the day on a fresh record high of 9,264.95, surpassing its previous milestone of 9,245, hit on April 3, 2017 but later pared entire gains to trade in negative as investors stayed cautious ahead of the 2-day RBI policy meet which begins today. A surge in crude oil prices to one-month high and muted global cues also affected the sentiment.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Wed, April 05 2017. 11:31 IST