It is well-known that the Indian markets trade at a significant premium to their Asian peers. The Morgan Stanley Capital International (MSCI) India Index trades at 18.6x its estimated earnings for the year 2024 — nearly 80 per cent more than the 10.5x commanded by the MSCI Asia (excluding Japan) Index. However, if one examines the individual sectors, the valuation differential is more pronounced, except for a few sectors.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Mon, November 28 2022. 06:15 IST