Queens Park Rangers boss Harry Redknapp has said that the club needs to learn from the past mistakes and not repeat them as he is desperate to avoid another financial meltdown with the club.
Redknapp has reportedly insisted that QPR would not be paying massive transfer fees or offering huge wages to players as they are set to rack in around 130 million-pounds after winning promotion to the Premier League with Saturday's playoff win over Derby,
According to the Daily Star, Redknapp said that they are not just going to bring players in 'willy-nilly', adding that they have got to make sure that anyone who comes in is the right character and would come in and do a good job for the team.
Meanwhile, QPR owner Tony Fernandes has also hinted that the club is now going in a different direction after previously spending big to rack up debts of 177 million pounds, saying that they are wiser and smarter and have the right kind of controls in place now.
Fernandes said that being in the championship one learns a lot about great young players as well and they have a whole list that they are going to look at.
Moreover, Redknapp has admitted that he would be saying goodbye to many of his squad with the Loic Remy as reportedly the likely choice to go as Arsenal and Everton both seem interested in the striker after his successful loan spell at Newcastle United.
Also, Redknapp does not expect either of QPR's Adel Taarabt and Stephane Mdia, who have been out on loan last season, to be back with the club, the report added.