You are here: Home » News-ANI » National
Business Standard

Missing Hyderabad man Farhaj Ahsan killed in New Zealand terror attack

ANI  |  General News 

A man from Hyderabad, who was missing since Friday following the "well-planned" terror attack on in in New Zealand, has been declared dead by the authorities in on Saturday.

The deceased, named Farhaj Ahsan, went to the mosque for Friday's prayers but went missing after the attacks.

Ahsan's father had earlier told ANI: "My son went to the mosque to offer Friday prayers. My son has not returned yet."

Meanwhile, the family members of the deceased are planning to go to Nobody was willing to speak to the media amid the sad reports of Ashan's death.

In the worst ever terror attack in New Zealand, multiple gunmen carried out indiscriminate shootings at two mosques in during the Friday prayers, leaving 49 people dead and at least 48 wounded.

Using automatic weapons, the gunmen, four of whom have been taken into custody, launched a "well-planned" attack on the mosques when devotees had assembled for the weekly prayers.

condemned the dastardly terror attack and put out the helpline numbers of the tagging for Indians requiring assistance. "Any Indian requiring assistance should contact on or 021850033" Swaraj said.

(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

First Published: Sat, March 16 2019. 23:07 IST
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU