You are here: Home » News-IANS » Sports
Business Standard

WC snub will hit me when I'd watch it on TV: Hazlewood

IANS  |  Melbourne 

Australian has said he is bitterly disappointed after not being included in the 15-member squad for beginning May 30 in England and

Hazlewood played a vital role in Australia's successful campaign in four years ago and was the also the number one ranked bowler in ODIs in 2017.

"It was obviously bitterly disappointing. It only comes around every four years. I was lucky enough to experience it on home soil last time. It'll probably hit me a bit once the tournament starts and you're watching on TV," Hazlewood was quoted as saying by com.au.

"It's pretty hard. It's not just a normal ODI series, it's a "

Selectors felt Hazlewood, who is recovering from a back he suffered in January, wouldn't have enough match practice going into and thus, he should focus on building his fitness and prepare for the Ashes.

"Not playing for four months went against me. I can see their side of things," he added while pointing at the reason for his exclusion.

The right-arm also hoped selectors would keep him in mind if needed a mid-tournament replacement during the showpiece event.

"I guess if someone went down halfway through the tournament then my chances would be a bit better (compared to last week)," Hazlewood said.

will begin their title defence against on June 1.

--IANS

aak/in

(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

First Published: Wed, May 15 2019. 10:58 IST
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU