Consumer sentiments have been rising steadily in India since June 2021. Between June 2021 and February 2022, the Index of Consumer Sentiments (ICS) scaled up by a substantial 31.9 per cent. In the first three weeks that ended in March, the index scaled another 8.2 per cent. This marks a smart recovery in consumer sentiments from the setback it suffered in the second wave of Covid-19. Consumer sentiments had fallen by 15.7 per cent between March and June 2021 – the period of the second wave of Covid-19. The recovery since June has more than covered that fall.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
SUBSCRIBE TO INSIGHTS
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.