Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman will present her fourth consecutive Budget in just about eight weeks from now. Independent India has so far seen 23 finance ministers (excluding three prime ministers), who presented at least one Budget during their tenure. But only eight of these finance ministers had the privilege of presenting at least four consecutive Budgets. When Ms Sitharaman presents the Budget for 2022-23 on February 1, she would become the ninth finance minister to have achieved that feat.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Tue, December 07 2021. 22:43 IST