Ever since the 2008 market crash, when retail investors sustained large losses in the futures and options (F&O) segment, the Securities and Exchange Board of India (Sebi) has been mindful of the risk these investors court when they enter this segment. Recently, Sebi chair Madhabi Puri Buch said that while the markets regulator doesn’t believe in restricting retail entry into this segment, it will provide additional disclosures to enable them to take informed decisions.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Thu, September 22 2022. 19:09 IST