Credit card issuers are becoming wary of losses in their portfolios. SBI Cards & Payment Services saw its gross non-performing assets ratio spike to 4.3 per cent for the quarter ended September 30, compared to 1.4 per cent in the April-June quarter. Axis Bank recently said it has been consciously rationalising its exposure to any high-risk segment.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Mon, November 02 2020. 20:14 IST