With the rise in Covid-19 cases across the country, the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) has asked all general insurance companies to mandatorily offer a standard benefit-based health insurance product by July 10, 2020. While these standard plans – Corona Kavach and Corona Rakshak – are yet to be launched, there are several other policies have been launched in the past few months to cover this dreaded illness. Supriya Rathi, whole-time director and principal officer, Anand Rathi Insurance Brokers says: “We already have a few players in the market who are offering Covid-specific insurance products and with this recent directive, we can expect the number of such offerings and benefits to only grow.”
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
SUBSCRIBE TO INSIGHTS
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.