The decision to raise Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) caps across the board including in the defence, pharma, civil aviation and e-commerce in food sectors could be the National Democratic Alliance (NDA) government's next big parliamentary headache.
The Congress issue is debating how to handle this. "Party high command permitting" the Congress will raise the issue ''energetically' and 'forcefully' and demand that the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) notification announcing the increase in FDI caps be brought before the upcoming session of Parliament. The monsoon session of Parliament will likely begin 18 July.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Tue, June 28 2016. 21:18 IST