- TMC sweeps West Bengal by-elections; victory of people, says Mamata
- Food at Rs 10, 'One Rupee Clinic' on agenda for Sena-Cong-NCP alliance
- SC to hear petition challenging Shiv Sena-NCP-Congress alliance tomorrow
- Bengal bypolls: Confusion over NRC led to our defeat, says BJP candidate
- Yediyurappa warns of defamation case against Siddaramiah, Kumaraswamy
- Will not take oath as Maharashtra minister today, says Ajit Pawar
- Thackeray to be 8th Maharashtra CM to take oath while not being MLA/MLC
- NCP leaders signal Ajit Pawar may become the deputy CM: Report
- Uddhav set to take charge of Maharashtra with a deputy from NCP
- Month-long Maharashtra political crisis ends; Uddhav Thackeray becomes CM
Month-long Maharashtra political crisis ends; Uddhav Thackeray becomes CM
Uddhav has become the first chief minister from the Thackeray family. Catch Maharashtra government formation LIVE updates
Governor B.S. Koshyari administered the oath of office and secrecy to Uddhav Thackeray, 59, who sported a striking saffron coloured kurta-pyjama, the Sena party's colour.
In an unusual gesture, soon after completing the formalities, Uddhav Thackeray stepped to the front of the stage and knelt down, touched his hands and head on the floor to express his gratitude to the people of Maharashtra for the honour bestowed on him.
Nitin Raut of Congress, Balasaheb Thorat of Congress, Chhagan Bhujbal of NCP, Jayant Patil of NCP, Subhash Desai of Shiv Sena, Eknath Shinde of Shiv Sena also took oath as ministers.