Business Standard

Baby boy, his sister die of snake bite

Image

Press Trust of India Bijapur
A seven-month-old boy and his elder sister died after being bitten by a venomous snake while they were asleep in their house in Bijapur district of Chhattisgarh, police said on Wednesday.
The deceased were identified as Rajkumar and his sister Reshma (4), police said.
"They were bitten by a venomous snake on Tuesday night when they were sleeping on the floor at their house in Kattur village under Kutru police station area," a local police official said.
The duo was rushed to a local hospital, where they were declared brought dead, he said.
Their bodies were handed over to their relatives after the post-mortem, he added.
A case has been registered in this connection and a probe is underway, he added.

Disclaimer: No Business Standard Journalist was involved in creation of this content

Don't miss the most important news and views of the day. Get them on our Telegram channel

First Published: Jul 31 2019 | 8:30 PM IST

Explore News