You are here: Home » Current Affairs » News » National
Business Standard

Bulandshahr violence: Slain UP cop's mobile recovered from home of accused

However, the pistol that was used to open fire on the inspector is still missing, and the ASP said a search is on for it

Press Trust of India  |  Meerut (UP) 

Bulandshahr violence
Atul Srivastav, SP City, said that information was received through sources about the location of the mobile phone of the deceased policeman Subodh Kumar

The official mobile phone of an killed in the December mob violence in Uttar Pradesh's Bulandshahr district has been recovered from the residence of the man who allegedly shot him, officials said Sunday.

The recovery comes nearly two months after the incident in Bulandshahr's Siana area where on December 3 a mob fought pitched battles with police , apparently after right-wing activists were angered by the discovery of cow carcasses strewn outside a village.

Subodh Kumar's phone with a CUG (closed user group) number was recovered along with five more phones Saturday from the house of key accused Prashant Natt, a said.

Natt, who had allegedly shot the during the violence, was arrested on December 18 from Sikandrabad and is in jail.

We had got information from sources that inspector Subodh Kumar's mobile phone could be kept hidden at Natt's house and we procured a from the court to check his place, of Police, City, Atul Kumar Shrivastava, said.

The CUG mobile phone of the inspector was recovered from Natt's house during the search. Some other phones were also found and all the phones have been sent to a forensic lab for finding more details like their call records, he told reporters.

However, the pistol that was used to open fire on the inspector is still missing, and the ASP said a search is on for it.

Natt, 26, a resident of Chingrawathi village, would work part-time as a in and nearby areas, and other times worked locally as a labourer, according to the police.

During the violence, a 20-year-old Chingrawathi resident was also killed of gunshot.

An FIR was lodged at the station against at least 80 people for murder, attempt to murder, rioting, sedition, damaging public property, among other charges.Twenty-seven were named.

So far, 38 accused have been arrested in connection with the violence case, told PTI Sunday.

Those arrested include Bajrang Dal's Bulandshahr unit convenor Yogesh Raj, Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha's Shikhar Agarwal, Army jawan Jeetender Malik, and Kalua, who first attacked the inspector, surrounded by five to six men.

A separate FIR for cow slaughter was filed on December 3 in which six accused have been arrested.

Three of them, Azhar Khan, and Nadeem Khan, were on January 14 booked under the Security Act (NSA) by the Bulandshahr administration, which said their release may disrupt public order.

First Published: Sun, January 27 2019. 14:51 IST
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU